The College offers a blend of traditional library resources and new technologies to ensure students are equipped for lifelong learning.
The Padua Library consists of three branches – the Assisi Campus, the Greccio Campus and Book Hire. Our Libraries are welcoming, engaging and information-rich learning environments that support students, staff and parents.
Resources and services include:
Qualified teacher-librarians, librarians, and library officers provide curriculum, resource and professional support services to students and teachers.
Library administered services
- Clickview – an online video database.
- Oliver – a library OPAC that enables students to run a federated search for all physical and digital resources.
- Libguides – for the curation of resources for research and assignments.
- Accelerated Reader – to support reading in Years 5 to 6.
Available for loan from fiction, non-fiction, magazine and audio-visual collections.
Digital e-books, journal and video databases
Available online 24/7, through Schoolbox Padua links to MiClass via Libguides.
Providing a wide range of resources, including:
- Databases, search engines, digital libraries and referencing tools to support academic research and assignments.
- Reading programs, databases and ‘What to read next’ websites for the promotion of a strong reading culture that encourages boys to read for pleasure.
- Digital technologies to assist with the creation of digital assignments using a growing collection of digital and Web 2.0 tools.
- Promotion of our Makerspace and Manga activities.
- Subject-specific Libguides, developed as faculties require to provide students with primary and secondary resources that form a solid starting point for specific assignments.
Available through the Book Hire branch of Padua Library. The core subjects of English, Mathematics, Science, History and Geography for Years 7 to 10 have access to both a physical text and a digital text.
Library learning spaces
Available for quiet reading, collaborative work and silent study are available during opening hours across both the Assisi and Greccio campuses.
Printing, scanning and photocopying facilities
Available in each branch of the Padua Library.