Teaching & Learning
CAREERS & FURTHER EDUCATION
Padua College provides a career counselling service to students and their parents. Assistance is provided by individual appointment and through the various programs offered through the college.
An appointment with the careers counsellor can help you make better informed course and career decisions by examining your approach to career planning and informing you of appropriate resources to guide your planning.
Through the Year 10 Personal and Life Skills lesson, students undertake a career education program. The program is deisgned to assist our Year 10 students to get to know themselves, their interests and their skills and to assist them to make informed career decisions before undertaking their SET (Senior Edcuation and Training) plan.
For more information contact the careers counsellor
Telephone 3857 9976 Email email@example.com
Career counselling can help in the following areas:
- Subject and course choice
- Post school study selection and pre-requisites
- Career options on completion of study
Employment and Career Planning
- Skills and abilities identification
- Vocational testing
- Interview coaching and practice
- Preparation for entrance tests
- Advice on networking and job search strategies
- Career decision making
- Exploring the career planning process and developing strategies to reach your career goal
- Checking résumés and covering letters to optimise employment opportunities
The Careers Calendar is updated regularly. Please click the links below for the latest careers information.
Study Timetable Template.pdf(16 KB)
Study Tips.pdf(262 KB)
Information for Parents
How parents can affect their children’s careers
Positive ways you can affect your children’s career