Teaching & Learning
REQUESTING TERM TIME ABSENCE
The Queensland Government's education policy states that "parents of children of compulsory school age have a legal obligation to ensure that their children are enrolled in school and attend every day of the educational program in which they are enrolled. Parents of students in the post-compulsory phase have a legal obligation to ensure that these students participate full-time in an eligible option". (http://education.qld.gov.au)
Procedures for requesting Term Time Absence
- Check the College Calendar listing term dates which is available on the College Website.
- Check the examination dates which are provided in the Assessment Calendar and Examination Timetable on the College Website.
- Written communication to the Rector should be sent with at least four weeks' notice of the planned absence.
- The notification form requesting a term time absence needs to be completed and emailed to the College at least two weeks' prior to the planned absence.
- Teachers will be informed following the return of the completed notification form.
To download the Planned Student Absence During Term Time Notification Form please click here