News & Events
College Swimming Carnivals Information 3:13pm 12/02/18
This Thursday (Years 5-8) and Friday (Years 9-12) the College will host its annual school Swimming Carnivals. The boys will travel to the Centenary Pool on the day of their Carnival for a day of competitive swimming and House novelty events. To assist with the organisation and running of the Carnivals, can I please ask all families to please note the following:
- The House Swimming Carnival is a compulsory school day for all students. Students on work placement have been asked to alter their work experience for that day to ensure they can attend.
- The Carnival is held within the normal times of the school day, however busses will be departing Padua at 8:40am, so students are asked to be particularly punctual to PC class on this day.
- Students may wear their full House or College sports uniform to and from school on this day – they may change into appropriate costumes during PC.
- Zinc, face paint, streamers, hair dye are not to be used on the day (regulations determined by Centenary Pool). Morph Suits and Loud Horns are also not permitted.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own lunch as canteen facilities are limited.
- Students should refrain from bringing mobile phones, portable devices or excessive amounts of money on the day. The College accepts no responsibility for missing property.
- On the day that students are not attending their Carnival, normal lessons will be operating at the College and all students are expected to attend.
- Given our recent run of hot weather, all students are asked to please ensure they have an adequate hat, water bottle and sunscreen for the day. Extra sunscreen will be available at the Carnival for students who require it.
It is expected that both Carnival days will be fun and enjoyable for all students. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact your son’s Pastoral Care Teacher.
Mr Ben Lowrie